Humpback Whales and Bacardi Island from Punta Cana
It’s that time of the year again and the whales return home!
If you are a lover of adventures and nature and have decided to visit the destination of Punta Cana between the month of January and the end of March, take the opportunity to witness the visit of the Humpback Whales in the warm waters of the Bay of Samaná .
Each year, more than two thousand humpback whales visit the Banco La Plata area, located in the Atlantic Ocean, where they tend to reproduce and give birth to their young; which makes Samaná a marine sanctuary protected by the State and in the perfect scenario to share with these creatures in their natural habitat.
Enjoy the sea in pursuit of these gigantic creatures, while they play, dive under your boat and jump majestically by your side, allowing you to live an unforgettable experience.
Then go to the paradisiacal island of Cayo Levantado, where in addition to devouring a delicious local lunch in front of the beach in the famous restaurant La Ballena, you can relax for a few hours wrapped in magical waves or walk around the island in search of your souvenir favorite: some whale tail pendant in mother-of-pearl or wood, some cane hat, some Dominican painting, some larimar bracelet or some colorful pareo …
End your day with the last boat ride back to La Cañita, from where you will board your comfortable auto-bus to Punta Cana.
- 8:00 – 8:30 am – Pick up at hotels
- 9:00 am – 1 hour journey on the bus
- 10:00 am – Arrival at Las Canitas
- 10:05 am – Departure on the catamaran to see whales
- 10:40 am – Arrival at the Humpback Whale Sanctuary
- 12:00 noon – Arrival to the island of Cayo Levantado
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm – Private lunch at an oceanfront restaurant on the island
- 4:00 pm – Departure to Puerto Las Canitas
- 4:30 pm – Back to Punta Cana
- 6:30 pm – Arrival at the hotels
– Roundtrip transfer on comfortable air-conditioned bus
– Light snack during transfer PUJ-MICHES
– Medicine for dizziness
– Transfer in comfortable boat
– Guide specialized in Humpback Whales
– Visit to the marine sanctuary of Humpback Whales
– Whale watching in natural habitat
– Visit to Isla Cayo Levantado and Lunch in front of your beach Ballena Blanca Restaurant: Local Lunch + 1 drink (non-alcoholic) (Water, Coca-Cola or Sprite + 1 Dominican coffee)
WHAT TO BRING?
Swimwear – Towel – Change of clothes – Sunscreen, Hat and Sunglasses – Camera – Sunscreen and Water Protector for Camera and Cell – Cash for tips
OBSERVATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
For more trips in boats that you have done all your life, (believe us) when we recommend you take your pill for dizziness …
This tour is NOT SUITABLE for infants, pregnant women and people with walking difficulties and certain physical disabilities.